Saturday, June 27, 2015

the overflow.

divorce is such a hard thing. I'm not one that has ever had to experience it first hand. I have been mightily blessed in that respect. But tonight I witnessed one of the saddest things that is an overflow of divorce.

I have a friend-whom I think a lot of- he's very hard working, very sweet and tender hearted. But tonight I saw-for only a moment- the face of a man, one that I look up to, become full of sadness and pain.
As we were sitting one of his parents began to "bad mouth" their former spouse.
In front of all of us.
I could see the pain written all over my friend and it broke my heart for him. I wish that I could take the pain from many of my friends that deal with the same thing day in and day out. Feeling as if they have no voice because what if they offend their parent for speaking up for the other parent?

Families are broken, children are hurting, and as a friend, it is so hard to sit back and watch and be able to do absolutely nothing.

Oh my heart so desperately wished I could pause that moment, and replay it, and have that parent watch everything that went on in all of 30 seconds. But life doesn't come with a pause button.
We do things we regret.
We say things we don't mean.
And we have to live with it.
Whether that means we suck it up and make it right...
Or let our pride drift us from the ones we love.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment