Monday, June 22, 2015

road trips.

gah I love a good road trip. If you're like my friend Jordan any trip over 2 hours is torturous.
I do love being on the road-although sometimes I do get impatient and just wish I was at my destination-but I find peace in driving.

I am a talker. Usually I talk all the time, and I think that's part of the reason I like driving distances, because I don't have to talk to anyone-unless someone is in the car with me, then I feel somewhat obligated to keep a conversation going. (So as of now I'm praying for a spouse that doesn't mind sitting in silence sometimes...cause even talkers don't like talking sometimes)
This last trip I took I did something kind of unusual, I just listened to classical music (yeah, I know kinda unique right?). I am usually the gal jamming on the interstate and singing every word of every song, but you can only listen to the same songs so many times...and it seemed every radio station was playing the same thing, so I went to the alternative-because complete silence wasn't ideal for the whole trip.

I actually kind of liked it.
yeah.
weird.

An almost 22 year old girl just driving along and listening to classic symphonies. but! I got a whole lot of thinking done-which is something I cannot ever turn off, even if I want to. And so. All this to say...if you ever wanna get some solid thinking done...

get in your vehicle
turn on the classic radio station (they're everywhere)
and just go.
you might surprise yourself.
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment