Monday, April 29, 2013

patience.

if there is one thing that "pushes my button" it is being patient. now most of the time i am a patient person. i don't mind waiting in line at the grocery store (assuming i am not in a hurry, which when it comes to going to the grocery store, i make sure i have the time), and most times i am even ok with waiting for the bathrooms. but some days, like today, waiting and being patient is not something that comes easily. i am a very organized person, and when things don't go as i planned, i am like a steaming train ready to take off. none of this shows who Christ made me to be. none of it is to His glory. i struggle with honoring Him in those moments, and even going to Him for peace. i am a mess of uneasiness, and anxiety, and my heart is in no place to be reverent and honorable. it's in those moments i have to calm myself, and become reverent to go before the King and ask Him to bring His peace upon me. and ask for my mind to be transformed, and to think like Him, so that i may show His love to others.

patience is a hard lesson. one that i will continue to learn the rest of my days i am afraid. but as i desire to be more like my King, my heart will lead me in how He would act. no i will never be like Him, but i can try with everything in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment