Sunday, April 28, 2013

boldness and exhaustion.

today has been such a mix of emotions, but there has been such joy that has been found in these emotions. today has been such a delight to my soul.

 the song "Somebody Tell Them" by City Harbor has been on my heart, so as I was getting ready for church today I listened to the song. what boldness is proclaimed throughout the song. some of the lyrics are as follows:

somebody tell him that the lost are saved
somebody tell him that his debt's been paid
and let him know Love is calling out his name.
somebody tell him he's a child of the King
and there's an end to the suffering
in hope that never fades through grace
that's made a way.
somebody tell him.
somebody
tell
him
now.

I love that! it takes such faith and boldness in Christ to endeavor in such a way. but even reading those lyrics, it is obvious that the Truth must be told.

Hebrews 4.16 "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will recieve His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it."(NLT)

once I got to church, our pastor was talking about boldness. what a message the Lord was desiring to put upon my heart. what love for His child. in honesty, sometimes stepping out in boldness scares me. i don't know if it because i care what people as much as i am afraid of scaring them off, and not being able to speak Life into them. but Christ has called us to step out in boldness, through His strength and Love. I was able to step to the front of our church and pray and seek Christ with a couple of my close friends, and what joy was brought to my heart in seeing how the King moved upon their hearts as much as He did mine. my heart is so full.

so after church i was working, and today was my third day in a row working 8 hour shifts, which is sometimes tiring, but this weekend i was swamped with homework, and have just felt exhaustion the whole of this weekend. as my shift was winding down i was thinking about how tired i was, and how much i longed to be in my bed, and feel myself relax and know that i worked hard, and the achievement of finishing a task, and working hard at it. and i recalled when i read "Kisses from Katie" by Katie Davis (i HIGHLY recommend this book). in a section of the book she is talking about working in an orphanage in Africa, and teaching, and pouring out and ministering, and feeling absolutely exhausted by the end of the day. but knowing that she poured herself out completely that day for the use of Christ. oh how i want to feel that way. that i poured so much of myself into others, with the only purpose being to show them Christ's love. to be able to put my head on my pillow at night in complete exhaustion, but with joy that i let Christ use me that day. what a promise to live for. what a desire.

Colossians 3. 23 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." (ESV)



No comments:

Post a Comment