Monday, January 14, 2013

Success

Success: the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.

What is success? Really? Is it how much money you make? The house you live in? The car you drive? How you raise your children? Whom you marry? Is it the amount of people you impact?

Success can be a number of things. Success for an individual can be unlimited! It all starts with you. Who do you look at as being successful? What is success to you? No one can tell you whether you are successful or not. No one can look at a family who rakes in about $25k a year, but still has love in the home, and loves what they do, whether that is working at a grocery store, or volunteering most of their time at a homeless shelter, and tell them they are not successful. Success is what you make it. When you start comparing your success to others...that's when we begin to stumble in our own abilities.

When I look at my life compared to say Miley Cyrus, heaven knows that I do not make as much money, nor have I had countless people look up to me as a role model, nor have I made any albums, television shows, or movies. But just because I have done none of these does that make me any less of a successful person? Of course not! Even if I never make as much money as Miley Cyrus, at least I am blessed enough to have a job, even if there are not thousands of little girls looking up to me, I know there is at least one. Even if I never make a music album, singing to someone can bless their day. If I never make a television show or movie, but I volunteer my acting abilities at my local school, church, or theatre club, am I unsuccessful? No.

Putting in perspective what you think success is can change your whole outlook on life. Jesus designed us to be success stories, to show His glory. Being successful to glorify Him...that should be our goal. So go right now. Right out what you think is considered success. When will you be successful? Trust me, it will change you whole outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment