Sunday, January 27, 2013

Forgiveness.

Forgiveness can be such a tough thing. Mostly though, I find it's the toughest when it's dealing with myself. Letting things go, and moving on can be very hard. Most days I sit and ask myself "why?"; that's always the kicker. I wonder why I thought something was a good idea in the first place, I wonder why I decided to follow through with horrible decisions, and each time I convince myself, that I am not worthy to be a child of God. Which in and of itself is true, I do not deserve to be loved by Him, I do not deserve to have His grace and mercy. But He gives it to me. He is here to lead me even when I feel unworthy. He loves me! Even in the middle my sin, and unforgiveness, He has forgiven me already! What a thing to try and understand, someone who loves you so much that He loves you even if you're sinning, even if you're feeling unworthy and worthless. He gives us our worth! I have to remind myself of this daily, because when I become focused on myself, and my own problems, I can never focus on what He has for me.

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Live in that promise today!

No comments:

Post a Comment