Monday, January 5, 2015

Urg---if you even consider that a word.

Sometimes it's ok to be vulnerable and admit failure.

I failed today. I failed to keep myself calm, and keep a level head.

I'm 21, which means nothing except I have a specific "button." This "button" really sets me off-and I'm not someone usually set off by much. I hate when I feel taken advantage of in a work place. I work at a grocery store, and therefore-as one might imagine-people call in, people are sick, etc, and others (ahem, me) have to cover shifts. This is fine and most days I don't mind. But today I agreed to work until a specific time, and needless to say my co-worker didn't show up until 20 minutes past the time she said she would-the time we had agreed on.

I am even a sympathetic person, but when someone doesn't recognize the responsibility they have to their job, and to the person who is covering their butt at the end of the day, I tend to get irritated. especially if the co-worker is older than I am. 

So my co-worker finally shows up, I leave.

I'm trying to calm myself, and contain my rage. "Chill" if you will.

I get to my car (and at this moment in time it's like 9 degrees out and ice is in the parking lot).

I let my car warm up, and drive off, I'm going like 5 miles an hour and realizing my car is riding kind of weird. I couldn't tell if it was because I was sliding...or because my tire was flat. [on the passenger side-the side I didn't see walking up to my car-I'm no moron]. So I pull over. Sure enough -flat tire. Well at this point I was about 2 blocks from the grocery store, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW this morning I had left my phone at home because the phone battery was going to die anyhow, and I only worked 4 hours (which turned into 5.5 hrs but whatever). So I walk back to work call my brother, and they come, get the spare changed, etc.

[no I had never learned how to change a tire until tonight, but now I know how so it's fine]

So that was my evening.

Learning about yourself and what "buttons" you have I think is good, because you can find ways to better improve your response to situations.

I hope you have a splendid day (or evening, or whatever)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment