Friday, January 2, 2015

2015.

I started off my New Year with an all night lock-in. This is generally an alright thing, unless you're me. 

December 30, 2014: I decided it would be a good idea to try and stay up as late as possible tonight because then logically I would sleep in tomorrow. Therefore I would be a little bit more rested for the New Years Eve lock-in (sounds perfect right? wrong). After forcing myself to stay up until 3:30 a.m. I went to sleep. 

December 31, 2014: I woke up at 8:30 a.m. FIVE hours of sleep, that was NOT going to keep me up all night at the lock-in. The crummies thing was, I didn't even feel tired. This was not working out for me. So again logically I thought that I would just sleep a few hours before the lock-in. So the rest of the morning I packed up all my stuff-because oh yeah, right after the lock-in (and I mean right after- as in leaving from when the lock-in was over) I was driving 2. 5 hours back home because I was moving back. (Another story for a few paragraphs down-just stick me with me). So around 3pm I laid down to sleep-and I felt tired at this point- and I was going to sleep for about 2.5 hours, not necessarily sufficient but it was something. I had to be to the church at 6pm before kids got there around 7pm so this was about all the time I had. I laid in bed for an hour and didn't fall asleep. At this point I was just frustrated and decided to just get up, and watch House Hunters International until I had to leave.  The lock-in was awesome, even though I was a volunteer, I have quite a few close friends still in high school, and one of my other close friends volunteered also so it was really fun! We had Papa Murphy's pizza-which I think is the best pizza in the world, and watched a movie (which I half dozed through but didn't really sleep through), and played games. Honestly I wouldn't have wanted to spend my last day with my friends any other way. 

January 1, 2015: We left the lock-in about 5:45 a.m. I was tired, but I knew that if I crashed at someone's house I would just sleep all day and never get home to unpack all my stuff. I said good bye to my friends-which was really hard, and started my 2.5 hr drive home. It mostly consisted of my singing and dancing and slapping my face to stay awake. But either way I got home and crashed (in my bed that is, not my vehicle). And THAT is how I rang in the New Year. 
After sleeping a little bit, I managed to unpack 90% of my belongings, which I am very proud of considering all I wanted to do was sleep for the rest of my life. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So. Yes, I moved back home for a semester. *sigh* 
After living on my own for 4 months, this is going to be much different. It's different enough moving back in with your family, but I also had to leave friends I had gotten really close to over the time I was living there. I mean, when you don't have immediate family you're living with, you find people that truly become your family...and it's hard to leave them. I know I'll be fine but change is sometimes not completely accepted by me with open arms. I am an independent individual and so yes change is always somewhat exciting, but this change has been much harder-already- than I anticipated. 

But cheers to a New Year, new adventures, new memories, new people. 2015, I'm ready for ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment