Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bliss.

Ya'll! This past Sunday was unreal. Jesus was in our church service. He was IN our church. His presence was so thick, not a soul was untouched. I will tell you about my Sunday:

I woke up Sunday morning at 8:30, which is not early by any means, but I felt like a train had hit me. The night before I worked, at the nursing home, long story super short, we were short staffed by 2 people because they didn't come to work, so that left about 50+ residents for 3 aides to take care of. I was drained, and I really didn't want to go to sunday school that started at 9 but I went anyhow. I daydreamed some through sunday school, but I needed to stay awake. and I was going to. Another thing I need to interject is that I don't usually go to sunday school. We don't have a college aged group that meets for sunday school and so I got with the adults, and they just started a new study so I told myself I needed to go, and I did, regardless of my sleepiness.

So service started. Worship was awesome. and the Lord was moving in so many ways. Every sunday our pastor opens up the alter for people if they need prayer. I really wanted to go up, but I decided that wanting prayer for stress isn't really something God would be interested in. (yea, I was wrong about that) We continued to worship, and I could feel the Lord's love around me, and for once I didn't feel like He was just speaking to me. He was speaking to His body of believers. All of us. We continued to linger in His presence. It was so sweet. Our pastor kind of started to pray to close the alter time, and then said he really thought some people were being worked on by the Lord (ahem, me) and just felt like we should stay in alter time, and just pray and worship. At that point, I went up to the alter. There is something so sweet about doing that. Just getting past what people may think or say, and spend time with our Savior. Long story short (again) our pastor didn't even make a sermon. we didn't need one. we had felt Jesus, and danced and sang with Him. It was bliss. the most pure bliss and joy that my heart had felt in a long time. I loved looking around at my friends and church family, and just loving that they love Jesus, right along with me.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment