Thursday, May 30, 2013

friendship.

friendship. what a beautiful word. what a beautiful promise. to have someone by your side. to walk through life together. to build each other up. to give encouragement, as well as correction in love. how beautiful is this thing we take for granted. over the years, i have cherished friendships more and more. most likely because my circle of friends seems be getting smaller, and farther away from each other. i live in kansas while two of my closest friends live in minnesota, and california. what great lengths we go to talk to each other. but that's the beauty of it all, to know that even so many hours away i still have gorgeous ladies, inside and out, who care about me.
a big step in such blessed friendships is realizing who you are allowing yourself to be influenced by. this has been such a difficult lesson to me. recently i have realized that my circle of friends at the current moment, are not usually ever encouraging, or uplifting, or anything i desire in a friendship. i cannot allow myself to settle for something that is not healthy and does not draw me closer to the Lord. what a wonderful thing. to be poured into by friends. so as my gaze is becoming more heavenward, so my heart is finding people of the same spirit.
i am the happiest, right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment