Sunday, December 29, 2013

Reflections.

As is obvious today is the last Sunday of 2013. And in 2 days is the last day of 2013. Over the past week I have done a lot reflecting over the year. Honestly there isn't a whole lot I did different. School. Work. Summer camp. Nothing "oh so exciting." But soon I got to the nitty-gritty stuff. My time. How I spent it. My actions. How I used/misused them. My money. How I spent/didn't spend it wisely. But most importantly, how I followed Christ in the last year.

THAT. that was the kicker, I began to realize all these things that had become distractions. and only those. Biggest example: Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I really like Facebook, and as someone who has many friends/ family living far away I love keeping up with people. But it is a BIG waste of my time. 90% of the time instead of doing something when I am bored, and finding something to do, such as read, or watch a good old movie, I get on Facebook, why? it's accessible. This has not only played a part in how much time I have spent with the Lord, but also school. What if instead of getting on Facebook, I studied ahead? That's a splendid idea. What about exercising? Also a splendid idea. How about blogging more often? 

All these things I have taken into major consideration in part of my "new years resolutions list." Now I am not going to be a drill sergeant and "make myself exercise 10x weekly" or anything so exhausting as that, but I have decided I will be deleting my Facebook, as a favor to myself. And I am so looking forward to what the new year brings. I believe I may find myself even more this year than ever before.


P.S.
Other items on my New Years Resolutions list:
eat healthier
be more active

because who can doubt being more healthy is on everyone's list! ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment